TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Ex Factor

The Ex Factor - R.J. Scott *sigh* I really loved this book. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I'll even go as far as to say, I loved this more than I loved the first book, and I really loved the first book!

When I started this, the fact Daniel had a boyfriend, albeit an abusive one, had me worried about him and Ben getting together. But I shouldn't have worried because the boyfriend became an ex, and he was definitely an asshole. And I think that's putting it mildly. But anyway, that worry was put to bed after he became an ex and he stayed an ex, which was something I did like.

The relationship between Daniel and Ben was one that took time. Daniel had to get past what his ex and done to him and the emotions he left him with. And Ben stepped up to help him with those emotions, and that scene really stood out to me. Well, there were a few scenes that stood out, but that was one that really proved how much Ben cared, in my mind at least. It was because of what Ben did, or allowed Daniel to do, that Daniel saw he needed to talk to someone about what had happened to him.

Daniel's parents were another part of the story I loved. Supportive parents are always a bonus for me, especially when the reaction is like Daniel's father (*pouts* which we didn't actually see, we were just told about it). I also liked their anger when they found out what happened. It was more proof that they loved their son.

We heard a little bit about Adam and Logan, the couple from the first book, and a couple that haven't had their book yet, but really need to get their act together. Yes, people who've read either of these books will know who I'm talking about. But I'm also excited to read book 3 and to meet the new guys in that book.