Trisha Harrington's Blog

Slasherazzi - Daniel A. Kaine This was really difficult to rate. I feel like I could have and probably should have loved it, but I just didn't connect to the book like I have others. It's got the darkness I love, and it's really graphic, but the connection wasn't made. And that means I didn't fall in love with the book, so it'll have to be a four stars for me.

Slasherazzi isn't as much a romance as it is a dark thriller. There is a romance thrown into the mix, but it's not the main focus. It's a book that really goes dark and graphic, which means a lot of people should avoid it if they are triggered by that sort of thing. Or, if you just don't like that type of thing in general. This book could upset a lot of people.

The book is kind of hard to review. I could go into a long review about what I thought would happen, and how even though I questioned myself a couple of times, I was right about the killer's identity. But that would be a huge spoiler and I don't want to do that to people who might decide they would prefer not to know. So I won't go anymore into the main plot. But I will say that, if you really do like darker reads, this should be one you consider. It's definitely dark and gruesome. And it doesn't shy away from graphic scenes, which is why this book won't be for everyone.

Also, if you need to know about the ending. This book has an ending that, while it isn't a cliffhanger or anything, it didn't feel like the end of the story to me. Others may feel differently, and I suspect some will, but I feel there is room and potential for a sequel and I probably would read it.