Trisha Harrington's Blog

In Your Eyes

In Your Eyes - Cardeno C. I adored the second book in the Mates series, but I haven't read the book because I don't think it would be for me. In Your Eyes is up there with Until Forever Comes, book 2 in the series. It's so good and I fell in love with it easily. I love the characters, the story, and also the cover (I'm a cover slut, I can admit it).

I love a good shifter story, and the two books I've read in the series are perfect for me. I like shifters and I love true mates. And this is what this series has. But it also has vampires (even though they're not in this, only mentioned).

I love how Samuel and Korban work so well together. They're not exactly alike, but they are similar in a sense, and they balance each other out perfectly to make the perfect couple. I think Korban is probably my favorite of the two, just because he's so sweet and nice and lovable. He's a really bubbly guy. He's the kind of guy I would love to be around. Of course, Samuel is a great character, too. He's super smart, but he isn't exactly an emotional guy, which might be off-putting for some. But it's what made him so lovable, in my opinion.

The plot is amazing, too. It's a bit angsty, but not too much, and once Samuel and Korban get together, at around 60% or so, they're together. There's no major couple drama, which I like. The build up to them becoming a couple is definitely a bonus. It's not insta-love. And Samuel doesn't realize Korban is his mate, but he does struggle to keep his eyes off Korban, which is what makes this a bit more realistic in a sense.

Do I think this will be for everyone? No, I don't. But if you like and/or can take sweetness, then you should definitely give this book a try because it can be read as a standalone.