Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Unseen Tempest

The Unseen Tempest - John  Goode Also check out my review on Greedy Bug Book Reviews.

Okay, so first of all I’m going to start off by saying how much I adore John Goode’s writing. I have adored it for over a year now and I always look forward to picking up one of his books, and part of that is because I know, no matter what, I will love his writing. But that’s not the only thing I love about his books. I love his characters, too. I always care about them and want good things for them. And when I pick up one of his books, I know I will be left worried about them a lot.

The Unseen Tempest is no exception. It was a really good continuation of the series, and I was so glad to see Hawk and Kane again. Oh, and Ruber, of course. I love following them on their journey and seeing who they’ll meet next, or finding out what the next twist is and waiting to see what that will all mean for everyone. There is also a little sadness. And I really did feel for Ater and his loss. A couple of times I found myself wanting to give him a big hug. And I kept hoping that something would happen and Pullus wouldn’t be dead anymore. After all, this is fantasy!

I loved the whole twist with Kane. I honestly wasn’t sure what was going on with him for a while, and I was worried it would be something bad. Especially when Hawk and Ruber were worried and unsure, too. Honestly, it makes me more excited to read the next book and see where things with Kane go next. And then the epilogue really cemented my excitement for more. Because honestly, I want to see these characters get their happily ever after and I want them to be safe. I don’t think that’s me wanting too much. I hope it isn’t anyway.

I had a small niggle. And really it was more a personal thing than an issue with the book. But I wanted more Kane and Hawk together. I wanted to see them as a couple a few more times, and I wanted a few more coupley moments. But as I said, that was totally me, and they did have a couple of nice moments in this.

So overall, this is a really solid 4 star read. I was so happy with where thing went in this, and I am looking forward to finding out what will happen next for these characters in the future.

This book was provided by Harmony Ink Press for a fair and honest review.