Trisha Harrington's Blog

You Don't Know Jack

You Don't Know Jack - M.C. Lee Also check out my review on Gredey Bug Book Reviews.

I’m kind of speechless right now. You Don’t Know Jack blew me away in many ways and it so lived up to my expectations. It’s an amazing mystery story that actually did shock me. It has an ending that you probably won’t see coming (I know I didn’t) and it will probably leave you mad, just like I am now. I have a lot of conflicting emotions and I honestly can’t stop thinking about the book. So that’s a good thing, right? Right?

There are a lot of questions I’m asking myself right now.

Did I like the book? Yes, the ending at first is a little tough, though.

Did I love the book? I don’t know. Maybe.

Was this book good? Yes, it definitely was good. It was also different, which is part of what made it so good.

How do I really feel about this book? So confused.

How did I not see the ending coming? I DON’T KNOW!

I really liked Jack. I might have even loved him. But I don’t think I knew him very well, which made it a little difficult for me to really fall in love with him as a character. But I think that’s because this is more of a mystery book than a romance. A really good mystery that kept me interested and turning the page, but still, it did lack a little in the romance department for me. The romance in it was sweet and Jack and Leo did make a nice couple. I just wanted more of them as a couple. Don’t get me wrong, I love the secret organization stuff. It’s really interesting and definitely new to me. I’m just not the biggest fan of it dominating the whole book. Especially with the way this book ended.

I liked the way Jack and Leo became fast friends and I was really interested in seeing how Jack would continue his assignment with his growing feelings for Leo. I was also worried about Leo’s girlfriend, Emma. But I shouldn’t have been worried about that because it really wasn’t a huge deal. It wasn’t even a real relationship.

Since this book is going to have a sequel, it makes the book a lot easier to like and enjoy now that I’m finished. It also makes me want to see what will happen next, and how things are going to work out because I’m honestly not sure how they can work out well. But I’m happy to sit back and enjoy the ride because honestly, this book impressed me, and I really, really need to see what happens with these characters next. Especially on the romantic side of things because I’m really not sure how the author is going to work that part out.

So this is roughly a 4.5 star read book for me, and it’s only because I need more romance Even though I am a mystery fan, I still like the romance aspects and this book lacked that for a bit for me, unfortunately. But I will be reading the next one and I am excited to see how it all unfolds.

This book was provided by Harmony Ink for a fair and honest review.