Trisha Harrington's Blog

Rack & Ruin

Rack & Ruin - Charlie Cochet I was reluctant to start this series at first. Don't ask me why, I'm not even sure myself. But I knew others loved it so much, so I decided to give it a chance thanks to some really awesome reviews of the first book. And I'm so glad I did because I got to meet one of my favorite book characters ever.

Dex. I don't know if I can actually describe why I love him as much as I do. He's one of those characters I didn't need time to love, it just sort of happened. He's definitely my favorite in this series as a whole and I don't see that ever changing. He makes me smile and I just love reading scene's he's in. Especially when he's funny. I just... I don't know what else to say about him. I <3 him so much.

Anyway, the book was really awesome. I didn't love ever single thing about it, which is why it's not a full 5 star, but I can also say it's my favorite book so far. And the ending was really cruel. If you want a nice, happy ending, wait for the next book. Because this will annoy a lot of people. But I've always had a thing for endings like this in a series. Plus it makes me more excited for the next book (which can't come fast enough). I'm going to be waiting and wondering what'll happen with not just Dex and Sloane, but certain secondary characters, too. I don't think I need to say anything else about that...

Would I recommend this series? HELL YES!