TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Red Dirt Heart 3

Red Dirt Heart 3 - N.R. Walker Wow. This book was amazing! I tried to take my time reading it, but I was sucked in almost straight away and I just couldn't slow down. It was impossible. If I'm being honest, I think this is probably the best book in the series so far, and it's not over yet, which I am very glad for.

This book was very emotional. There were times I was worried for one or more of the characters, and the whole thing with Ma's cancer was very hard for me at times. And it brought me back to my dad (even though I don't remember him). I wasn't surprised by that part of the book since I saw it in the last book, but it was still hard to read at times because I really wasn't sure if things would end up getting better or worse. I was so glad that through the whole thing Travis stood by Charlie's side and that the two of them were solid.

“I want to take care of you tonight,” he whispered, kissing me again. “Will you let me?”

Charlie and Travis were tested a lot bit too. It was frustrating to see them go through so much when they already had a lot on their plate. It made me want something very happy for them even more than I already did. And then the ending happened. At first, I thought I was imagining it. I read it a few times before I realized it really happened. I think that was probably one of my favorite parts of this book, the ending. What can I say? I'm the biggest sap going when it comes to my romances, and that just made me melt. I didn't expect it. But I was so glad it happened and I definitely hope that's covered in the next book, Travis' book, because I would so love to see something nice happen for those two.

There was a secret revealed, too, that left me cautious. I was on Travis' side with the Laura. She really made me suspicious at first and I couldn't fully trust her until the end. But she did bring someone good into Charlie's life and she was smart enough to know that Travis was very good for Charlie. I think that's when I finally admitted she was an alright person, even if I didn't agree with what she did all those years ago.

“And you. He has you.”
“He certainly does.”

Not sure I can say much more. I tried to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but I know I didn't avoid all spoilers. I am really excited for the next book and that ending is still on my mind so I might read it a few more times before I go to bed tonight. Awesome book!