TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Safe in His Arms

Safe in His Arms - Renae Kaye This author is amazing! I loved [b:The Shearing Gun|23004152|The Shearing Gun|Renae Kaye|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1408579209s/23004152.jpg|42570605], which was the first book of hers I read and I loved this one, too. They are two completely different books. The Shearing Gun was light, funny and really sweet, while this one was darker and dealt with more serious issues, but it still had some sweetness and humor to make me even happier.

Lon and Casey had both been through so much. It was hard to imagine having the lives either of them had, but it also made them more believable as a couple. I couldn't believe what Casey had been through because of his asshole father and Lon's family story was heartbreaking itself.

There is an age difference between the two guys that would put people off, but it really did seem to work here. Lon was just what Casey needed and vice versa. I thought they made a perfect couple and I was really hoping for a happy ending for them, which I got. It was perfect. It was definitely a HEA that made me feel happy inside.

The secondary characters were good. Casey's grandmother worried me for a while, but she was good and I could see where she was coming from, sort of. And there are some characters I could see getting their own story (which would be awesome.

I'm so glad I found this author because I think I will enjoy everything she writes. There's just something about her books so far that makes me think I've found another auto-buy author and I can't wait to read her other two books, which I'm sure will be equally amazing.