TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Fighting Instinct

Fighting Instinct - Mary Calmes Another Mary Calmes winner for me. I'm glad I've had two good ones in a row after one sort of meh one.

I've always enjoyed reading this authors books and I really enjoy her shifter books. The first book in this series was amazing and I loved it! This didn't quite do it for me in the same way, but I still see this as being a 4 star read and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Arman and Linus were an awesome couple. I really liked them together. They were both possessive guys, which is awesome for me, and I could tell they really cared about each other. I have a thing for possessive guys in my books, especially when it shows during their sex scenes, which is the case with this book.

The shifter part of the book was awesome. And when everyone found out what type of shifter Arman was, I couldn't stop smiling. The reaction was sort of funny to me and I really enjoyed those scenes. He wasn't what most would call a lovable character. He was a douche, as others have said, but I liked him. I don't even know why, I just did.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, but if you're not really a Mary Calmes fan, I would probably avoid this one.