Trisha Harrington's Blog

A Clean Break

A Clean Break - Keira Andrews OMG. Why is the next book not out right now? WHY???

Breathe. I can do this. This book has not gotten the best of me. I won't let that happen. But it has, hasn't it? I'm literally shaking right now. Ready to scream at something. Someone. I need to murder someone and I need to do it good. A Clean Break has left me feeling a lot of feelings and I'm not sure what to think just yet. This book is amazing and wonderful and powerful. And the characters are fantastic and lovable. I just want to hug them but at the same time I have one character who is on my shit list and will probably never get off the list. It's just too much right now. TOO MUCH!

I read this book really fast. And I mean really fast. I managed to surprise myself by getting so far and then realizing I had just gotten lost in the book. Do you know how often that happens? Not very often. And when it does happen, it means the book will be a 5 star read, like this one is.

I really love Jen and Aaron. I wish all the secondary characters could have been like them. I know my blood pressure wouldn't be sky high right now if they had been... Anyway, moving on. I really just love how supportive and loving they were. David and Isaac definitely needed people like them in their lives. They offered them so much support and were just really good to them. It made it hard not to like them. And I think this book was definitely better because of them.

David and Isaac are still a wonderful couple. I still love them. But damn, the last part of this book was painful. I came close to not finishing the book completely because I really didn't want something else to go wrong... And then it ends and there's hope and there's something there. I'm just not sure what will happen next. I'm not sure my heart can take any more. It's been through so much with these two books and I have this feeling that things could get worse before they get better.

If you love the first book, you should definitely read this one. It's so great to continue on this journey with these guys!