TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

No Big Deal

No Big Deal - Danni Keane No Big Deal by Danni Keane is such a great book. It’s the second book in the Not Letting Go series and I loved both short stories that came before this, so when I was asked if I wanted to review this one, I jumped at the chance.

I’ve loved Josh and Bradley since I read the first short story. There’s something about best friends to lovers that really makes me smile. They are just as cute in this book as they were in the others, but they’re in a more grown up environment this time around. Living together is huge and not something I’ve seen a lot in YA. It’s a nice change and when there are supportive characters in the story, it makes it feel even better. I think that really increased my enjoyment. Knowing Josh’s mum and Bradley’s parents were okay with them living together.

Of course things aren’t easy for them all the time. They struggle and there are difficulties. Sometimes I was shaking my head, especially later in the book, wondering how things would work out for them. The health scare really was scary. I didn’t know how it would work out because it could have really changed everything for these boys. And after losing his dad, I think it would have had a huge impact on Josh mentally.

These characters are just so wonderful. I like them both as individuals and I really connect with Josh. I sort of know what he’s going through in a sense, but I was a lot younger when I lost my dad. It’s something that makes me really feel for him and I think it’s part of the reason I like him a much as I do (though it’s definitely the whole reason).

I really hope Danni writes more of these boys. I’m not ready to say goodbye to them yet and I really, really, really want to see what happens with them. They’ve come a long way but I see where there could be more for them.

Would I recommend this? Hell yes! I think starting with the two shorts would be a good idea, though, because it introduces you to the characters and you will just fall in love with Josh and Bradley like I did.

A copy of this book was given to me by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

My review an also be found on Greedy Bug Book Reviews.