Trisha Harrington's Blog

Here For You

Here For You - Skylar M. Cates Wow. Just wow. This book blew me away. I love Skylar Cates books. I've loved them since I read Exposed a couple of years ago and fell in love with the characters and the story. I've read everything she's written since then and loved them all. But this, this book has to be my new favorite.

Cole wants Ian and Ian wants Cole but it's complicated because Cole knows his best friend Brendan is in love with Ian, so that means they can never do anything. But that doesn't stop the attraction and it doesn't help when Ian always comes up in conversation. Cole ignores Ian and does his best to avoid temptation. But Ian is a hard man to ignore.

Ian couldn't recall anybody else ever devouring him with his eyes the way Cole did, right before he would look away.

And then something horrible happens. Something that's eluded to in the blurb. And that changes the way things are. It was emotional and the grief was raw and real and I connected with the book and the characters even more at that point. I'll admit, I felt the same way Cole did. I didn't think it was possible, didn't want it to happen, but knew I couldn't change it. I was a little surprised I felt so strongly about it since it happened early in the book. But that shows the power this book has.

Things between Cole and Ian don't change instantly. It takes time and the process is slow and beautiful and I fell in love with these guys even more. They are an amazing, amazing couple and I'm so glad I got to read their story.

This also happens to be the first book in a series. Some of the other characters, the roommates, are going to get their stories told. I'm excited for all of them, but I'll admit, I cannot wait for Marc and Tomas because those two definitely have a story to tell and I want to see them be happy together. Oh God, I want to see that so bad.

"I remember my first Crush," Tomas said.
His eyes locked on Marc's. Cole waited to see if either of them would say more, but as usual, Marc and Tomas remained quiet on all the history between them.

Such an amazing book and I would definitely recommend it!

Love was the best home of all.