Trisha Harrington's Blog

Quiet Nights

Quiet Nights - Mary Calmes I’m a huge Mary Calmes fan. I’ve read almost all of her books and I tend to devour them. Quiet Nights, however, is one of the few that was just okay for me.

Kelly, our MC, and Coz are best friends and sort of like brothers. Kelly has always wanted Coz and Coz, Kelly. But Coz only has one arm and Kelly sleeps around and had his heart broken when he was a teenager, so it would never work.

What I loved about this story was Coz and Kelly as a couple. They were so sweet together and there was just something about them, like a lot of Mary Calmes couples, that I loved. I believed and felt their love for each other and I was so glad they were finally going in the right direction.

I also loved the scene where Coz’s mother introduced her new boyfriend to Coz, Kelly and Mia. It was hilarious, for some maybe over the top. But I enjoyed that scene and I got a good laugh out of it. Another thing I liked was seeing Dwyer and Takeo from the first book. I love when we see the couple from a previous book appear in someone else’s story.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the whole Britton thing. Though I was glad we finally got to hear his side of what happened ten years ago. I would have preferred for it to have been resolved sooner. But at least we got Kelly and him actually talking.

I would have liked more Kelly and Coz as a couple. I think the story would have been a lot better if there had been more of them, and maybe another scene with the family. Because I really liked them, especially the mom.

Overall, this was an okay story. I didn’t love it, but I loved things about it and I had a laugh reading it. I’m definitely not sorry I read it. I just wish I had liked it more than I did.

3 stars!

A copy of this book was provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png