TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Storm Before the Calm

The Storm Before the Calm - Cate Ashwood I loved this!

I'm a huge Cate Ashwood fan and I've read almost all of her books. The Storm Before the Calm is definitely one of my favorites. I loved every minute of it.

I loved Charlie, our MC. Charlie has been raised by his mom alone and it's the two of them against the world. Their relationship was lovely and I loved how close the two of them were.

But Charlie's life isn't perfect. He has to deal with bullying, which leads him to self-harm. It was tough to read him like that. I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him that everything would be okay.

When he goes away to a dance company for the summer, Charlie meets Max. Max, our love interest, was a really sweet guy. Perfect for Charlie. He and Charlie begin dancing together and the two of them end up getting closer and kissing, and developing a relationship.

Their relationship was lovely. It made me smile and laugh and go 'aww' a couple of times because they were adorable together. I would have paid to see the two of them dance together because it sounded beautiful.

Charlie's mom and aunt were great secondary characters. I was never worried--even when Charlie was--that they wouldn't accept him. I knew they loved him way too much to turn their backs on him.

The ending was lovely. I was cheering when things started to wrap up perfectly. I was glad Charlie's mom was so on-board with everything!