Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Blinding Light

The Blinding Light - Renae Kaye I really love Renae Kaye's books and I'm finally all caught up on her stories. I don't know why it took me so long to read The Blinding Light! I really don't. It's sweet, funny at times and just all sorts of wonderful.

These guys are amazing together. Jake and Patrick are a really wonderful couple. But also really great characters. I loved the way they were with each other. The relationship felt natural and I was smiled several times while reading this and especially when the two of them together.

I wish Jake's sisters had been more likable. I could sort of understand them having it tough. But he had already done so much for them. I didn't see why they had to keep taking the way they did. I mean, he didn't exactly have it easy either. Far from it. And then you had the stuff with his mother which was all sorts of crazy, especially with the whole baby thing. It didn't surprise me, but still, I think she could have at least brought it up with Jake and Patrick before making the decision.

Still, none of that made me dislike the book because I really liked these guys. I was so happy they got a nice HEA.

I'm a little bit torn about my rating. 4.5 stars or 5 stars. But I think 4.5 fits better because while I did love this, it's not my favorite book from this author, plus there were a couple of things that got to me. Especially at the end of the book. So for those reasons I'm giving it 4.5 stars!