Trisha Harrington's Blog

Where There's Smoke

Where There's Smoke - Nico Jaye 4 stars!

Where There’s Smoke is an adorable little story. Nico Jaye is a great writer and I love how sweet her stories also are.

David’s sexy new neighbor helps rescue his cat from a tree. He’s attracted to said neighbor, Zach, but after a break up a few years ago, he’s closed himself off from dating. Even though the attraction and connection between him and Zach grows, he feels it’s better not to do anything about it.

Besides, he doesn’t know if Zach is even gay.

Zach is a fireman. When he’s not saving cats from trees, he’s working out in the gym. He’s also a really, really nice guy.

These two are so sweet! I loved watching them dance around each other and growing closer. David fighting his attraction for Zach was never tedious or annoying. And I really liked watching their relationship grow. Both of them were extremely likable characters.

I do wish this had been longer. It’s not that the story wasn’t lovely, it was. I really liked it and I really loved the characters. But I would have liked more of them together. To see how things worked out for the two of them.

A copy of this book was provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png